Kingston FC Pro Soccer
GAME DAY VOLUNTEER/INTERN
Summer Volunteer Position – (May 2014 – October 2014)
Kingston FC Pro Soccer is a professional soccer club with teams entered in the Canadian Soccer League, Canada’s only pro soccer league. We are looking for up to 12 enthusiastic individuals to help with Game Day Operations at our 2014 home games which take place at the Queen’s University West Campus field in Kingston.
Game Day Volunteers and Interns are responsible for assisting the marketing and sales staff of Kingston FC Pro Soccer in all our game day efforts. These volunteer and intern positions will be filled by youthful and enthusiastic young volunteers and interns of high school and college age range who will be responsible for, among other things, pumping up our fans, game day set up, post-game clean up of game day tents and banners, assisting with promotions, contests and give-aways, working with anthem, half time and mini-game performers, and assisting in various team-related game-day requirements such as equipment, security, ticket and merchandise sales.
• Represent Kingston FC Pro Soccer in a professional manner.
• Have a positive and friendly attitude with strong communication skills.
• Show excellent team work and assist other volunteers as needed.
• Have fun, meet new people and enjoy some great hometown professional soccer.
• Game Day Ticket Sales (Gate)
• Clubhouse Equipment Manager
• Merchandise /Concession
• Grounds Crew
• Half-time Promotions Staff
• Kingston FC T-shirt provided, running shoes are strongly recommended
• Dress for the weather (heat, rain, cold, wind) bring sunscreen and bug spray
Volunteers and interns will receive a Kingston FC Staff T-shirt and refreshment at the games.
All Volunteers should arrive 45 to 60 minutes prior to opening kick-off. Most Kingston FC pro soccer games are on Sunday afternoons or Saturday early evenings.
Candidates must be willing to work most events as required.
Candidates must be enthusiastic and willing to learn, marketing experience a plus.
*Volunteer hours available
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. How many hours do you need to volunteer in order to complete high school credit hours?
2. Are you willing to volunteer at all events in relation to Kingston FC Pro Soccer?
3. What skills do you have that make you stand apart from other candidates?
Please email your resume to Kingston FC Chairman Lorne Abugov at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: -/-
Type of Position:
Part Time – Volunteer
Chairman, Kingston FC Pro Soccer